In a small business – such as my own – I’d certainly notice.
- I’d be gutted
- I’d be disappointed in our performance
- I’d wonder what we had done wrong
- I’d want feedback
- I’d want to improve
And if a client leaves you the problem is that
- Bad news travels very fast
- The client would spread the negativity – sometimes unknowingly
- You would need to rebuild your hard won reputation
We left a certain supplier about 4 months ago. My reasons?
- Lack of client care
- Never accepted responsibility
- Problems were never theirs
- Never provided a solution
- Didn’t care
What I find totally surprising is that
- No-one noticed we’d left
- No-one tried to encourage us back into the fold
- No-one tried to right the wrong
- No-one apologised
Must have masses of business!
I think we all have to work hard to secure new business.
- We’ve networked
- We’ve marketed
- We’ve met and chatted
- We’ve won the business
- We’ve started the relationship
It can all be lost in an instant so please take care of those hard won customers.
How do you wrap your customers in cotton wool and make them feel special because that’s what they really crave!