Well did you? I bet all of you have a deal that’s brewing where the money hasn’t yet been discussed.
No-one likes talking about the £’s, the prices, the costs and the fine detail.
You’re in the middle of an adrenalin rush and the giddy heights of an excited debate about
- working with a new client
- working with a new associate
- working with a new supplier
You love your new found admirer dearly and you know that working together is a “client marriage made in heaven” – yep they do exist!
You love your new associate – in a professional way you understand – and again it’s a relationship made in heaven.
Last week I provided one of my fantastic Essential PA team with some work but BOTH of us made the mistake of not asking about the money!
I wouldn’t normally let this slip through the net but some of you may know that I had a week of huge highs and lows last week! All lows have been blown out of the water!
Fortunately we very quickly and easily came to a deal – after the work was done, which is a crazy position to be in – and it was never on the cards that we wouldn’t agree. It could have been a lot worse.
I remember many years ago making sure the “money” was discussed before I’d even met my possible new client and invested my time (half a day) and fuel in a long car journey for our initial meeting.
My tips are
- Invest your time in sorting out your rate card
- Do not undervalue yourself or your business
- Be brave and remain in control
- If a client cannot see the value that you will bring …. then it’s possibly time to say “bye bye”
- Do not be greedy
- Be genuine and honest to yourself and all concerned
Have you visited us on Facebook – www.facebook.com/TheEssentialPA?