Smart business people – the ones who are thinking ahead, know where their business is going and have a regularly reviewed business plan – know that in order to focus on
- core business activities
- raising the business profile
- driving the sales process and profitability
- product development
- special projects
- the future of the business
they will need to outsource some of the critical functions of the business. A business owner can’t be
- sales director
- HR director
- IT director
- operations director
- finance director and
- marketing director
that’s just too many hats to wear. We are all guilty of holding onto all these hats for as long as possible. At what cost?
In the “old days” businesses outsourced IT, legal services, accountancy as standard. In today’s business world they genuinely can consider outsourcing greater parts of the day to day back office.
- the feet that paddle below the water line
- the team that works like the stage hands in a theatre whilst the face of the business is “on stage” acting!
But stepping into delegation and learning what can be delegated can be a tricky step to take.
In a future blog I’ll write about how to find the right virtual assistant for your business…diarised for February.
Today you can easily and very safely outsource
- bookkeeping and financial management
- personal assistance and business management
- HR – if you have some employees
- IT and e-commerce
- social media management
- marketing, pr and research
This will undoubtedly be at a fraction of the cost of hiring a member of staff. What’s more, if you team up with the right company – savvy business owners in their own right – you’ll find yourself working with a company that really will be passionate about your company too.
They’ll make you look fantastic when you’re on stage and doing what you do best.
Hold on to the roles and responsibilities that you’re passionate about. Delegate the rest.